The Extended Bright Star Catalogue (EBSC) is unaffiliated with the BSC or their creators, but seeks to Expand the catalogue to be complete to the 7.1V limit. The work is currently ongoing, and comment is welcome. It will initially be released in 4 Volumes, each containing 22 constellations:
- EBSC Volume 1 (South Pole) nearing completion:
- EBSC Volumes 2-4 to be released
- White: Stars in the original BSC, indexed by their HR number
- Light Blue: Stars in the BSC supplement, errors and duplicates removed
- Dark Blue: Stars from the Hipparcos catalogue
- Orange: Other named stars (Bayer, Flamsteed, Gould and bright Variables not otherwise included)
Note that the HR column, apart from those stars in the original catalogue (HR <= 9100), is a temporary sequence number only, and is not to be used for identification.